Front Desk to Operate from 8am
With effect from 1 May 2019 (Wed), The Club’s Front Desk operating hours will be from 8am-10pm, instead of from 7am.
Footfall is typically little before 8am and the shift in the operating hours helps in manpower deployment.
Members who require assistance before 8am may approach the security counter.
AGM 2018 Minutes
Members who would like to read the minutes of Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2018 may sign for a copy at the Main Reception.
Change in Hairven's Operating Hours
The Hairven Salon will be closed at 6.30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with immediate effect.
Notice on Judgement
1. We are pleased to inform that on 19 February 2019, the State Court has dismissed in entirety with costs, a non-member, Ms Shirleen Toh’s claim against the Club for defamation and breach of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
2. Ms Shirleen Toh was not signed in as guest. In accordance with Club’s directive on a zero tolerance policy for trespassing, any non-members, including terminated and suspended members and family of members, that are not signed in as guests and unaccompanied by members at the Club, are considered trespassers. All trespassers will be declared persona non grata.
3. Accordingly, Ms Shirleen Toh was declared persona non grata.
4. Dissatisfied with the Club’s declaration, she instituted legal proceedings against the Club.
5. The Court held that the Club succeeded in the defences of Justification and Qualified Privilege. The Court further held that the Club did not breach the PDPA.
Revised Bye-Law on Conduct & Complaints and Jackpot Room
Please refer to this link for the revised Bye-Laws.
Installation of Solar Panels
The Club has leased solar panels for electricity generation from an external contractor, who has started installing them on the Club’s rooftops. The work is expected to be completed by 31 May 2019 (Fri). The contractor has erected scaffolding at ground level for the work. Members and guests are advised to keep clear of the work sites for their safety.
The solar panels will save about 12% on electricity costs or an estimated $84,000 per year. At the end of the 25-year lease, the Club will have full ownership of the panels.
Club Facility Maintenance Works
The Club will be carrying out the following facility maintenance works from now until mid-May:
1. Re-waterproofing of Main Building’s roof
2. Re-waterproofing and re-tiling works at Level 2, Sports Centre Viewing Gallery
3. Replacement of metal roof at Recreation Pool Pump Room
There may be dust and noise from the works. We ask for our members’ kind understanding.
Mandatory Registration for Jackpot Re-entry
Jackpot players are reminded to register via signing-in at every single entry to the Jackpot Room (including re-entry on the same day) and signing-out whenever they exit the Room. Members who refuse to comply will be barred from the Room.
The Club is bound by law to maintain an accurate record of all such registration, failing which may result in the suspension or withdrawal of the Club’s permit to operate the Jackpot machines by the Police.
We ask for members’ understanding in the matter.
Resiting of Playroom
1. We refer to the notices of 31 Dec 2018 and 10 Jan 2019 on the above subject.
2. We have considered members’ feedback and following a meeting with some Playroom users on 14 Jan 2019 (Mon), we have decided that the Playroom will remain at its existing location on the second floor of the Main Building.
3. We would like to thank everyone who have provided their feedback on the matter.