Club Facility Maintenance Works
The Club will be carrying out the following facility maintenance works from now until mid-May:
1. Re-waterproofing of Main Building’s roof
2. Re-waterproofing and re-tiling works at Level 2, Sports Centre Viewing Gallery
3. Replacement of metal roof at Recreation Pool Pump Room
There may be dust and noise from the works. We ask for our members’ kind understanding.
Mandatory Registration for Jackpot Re-entry
Jackpot players are reminded to register via signing-in at every single entry to the Jackpot Room (including re-entry on the same day) and signing-out whenever they exit the Room. Members who refuse to comply will be barred from the Room.
The Club is bound by law to maintain an accurate record of all such registration, failing which may result in the suspension or withdrawal of the Club’s permit to operate the Jackpot machines by the Police.
We ask for members’ understanding in the matter.
Resiting of Playroom
1. We refer to the notices of 31 Dec 2018 and 10 Jan 2019 on the above subject.
2. We have considered members’ feedback and following a meeting with some Playroom users on 14 Jan 2019 (Mon), we have decided that the Playroom will remain at its existing location on the second floor of the Main Building.
3. We would like to thank everyone who have provided their feedback on the matter.
Reserved Lanes for Learn-to-Swim Lessons
As with past practice before the reconstruction of the Competition Pool, the Learn-to-Swim Pool and the two lanes demarcated by lane ropes (Lane 8 and the lane closest to The Palms) at the Recreation Pool are reserved for Learn-to-Swim lessons as per the schedule below:
Monday to Sunday*: 7.50am – 9.45am
Monday to Saturday*: 4pm – 7.10pm
*No lessons on Thursdays and Public Holidays
Revised Cleaning Schedule of Swimming Pools & Changing Rooms
Please refer to this link for the revised cleaning schedule, which will take effect from 1 Jan 2019 (Tue) onwards.
Update on Competition Pool Reconstruction Project
1) Further to our notice of 16 November 2018, we are pleased to inform that the reconstruction of the Competition Pool project will be completing soon, at least two months ahead of schedule.
2) The contractor Innovez Engineering is finishing up the last part of the work. Our Integrated Estate Management Department will then be conducting the last rounds of checks and applying to NEA for the new swimming pool license.
3) The new Competition Pool's official opening cum carnival will be held on 29 Dec 2018 (Sat) from 3pm to 6pm. We invite you to join in the celebration as we commemorate this significant milestone in the Club's swim history. Details of the event can be found on the Club website sswimclub.org.sg and in the event posters displayed around the Club.
4) From 30 Dec 2018 (Sun), swim training will be conducted at the new Competition Pool.
100% Membership Checks
1) To preserve the exclusivity of our membership and upkeep security to safeguard members’ interests, our security staff will be conducting periodic 100% membership checks every month with immediate effect. We would like to remind members of Bye-Law 20 (a)–(d):
(a) Membership cards shall be issued for the identification of members and should be carried on whilst on the Club premises and produced when requested by an authorised employee or official of the Club.
(b) Periodic gate checks shall be carried out when determined by the General Manager and any member not in possession of his membership card shall notify the checking officials or employee of his name, his account number and the reason for not being able to produce it.
(c) Any member who, on three occasions fail to produce his membership card shall be required to submit within 7 days, a written explanation satisfactory to the General Manager.
(d) Membership cards are not transferable.
2) We practice a zero-tolerance policy for trespassing. All guests must be signed in by members. Any non-members, including terminated and suspended members, who are not signed in and unaccompanied by members are considered trespassers, and may be declared persona non grata.
Club Rule 9(b)(i)
Any member, other than a Junior or Visiting Member, and any Nominee may introduce into the Club guests provided that the introducer shall on the day the guest is introduced and on entering the Club premises, record the full name and address of the guest, as well as his own name and account number, and state the purpose of the visit in the Guest Book.
3) We seek your understanding and full cooperation.
Club Rule Amendments Approved by ROS
The Registry of Societies (ROS) has approved the amendments to the following Club Rules, which were presented at the Annual General Meeting held on 27 May 2018 and approved by attending members:
1. Rule 5 (b) (iii) Membership: Honorary Life Member
2. Rule 10 (e) Application for Membership and Transfer of Membership
3. Rule 13 (c) & (g) (iii) Conduct of Members
4. Rule 17 (d) Subscription and Levy
5. Rule 21 (i) & 40 (d) Management and Amendments of Rules
6. Rule 30 (a) Quorum
7. Rule 35 Club Property
The above Club Rule amendments will take immediate effect.
Badminton Courts Closed for Event Bookings
Please note that the badminton courts will be closed on the following dates and times as indicated: