Removal of ATM
Due to low utilisation rate, we will be removing the UOB ATM that is at the Main Entrance so as not to incur the annual licence fee.
The ATM will be removed on 9 Jan 2020 (Thu).
Annual Fire Evacuation Drill on 19 December Morning
The Club will be conducting its Annual Fire Evacuation Drill on 19 Dec 2019 (Thu) from 10am to 11am. Members are not required to participate in the exercise.
During the period of the Fire Evacuation Drill, the lifts will stop at the ground level and the fire alarm bells will be sounded. Announcements will be made through the public address system.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Table Tennis Hall Reserved for Corporate Event Booking on 6 December
Table Tennis Hall is reserved for corporate event booking on 6 Dec 2019 (Fri) from 9am to 6pm.
Extension of Barber Shop Opening Hours
With effect from 3 Dec 2019 (Tue), the Barber Shop Golden Scissors will extend its opening hours to 9.30pm.
Change of Vehicular Flow at Main Entrance on 9-11 December
The vehicular flow at the Club’s Main Entrance will be adjusted from 8am-8pm, 9-11 Dec 2019 (Mon-Wed). This is due to LTA’s final reinstatement works of its construction of the Thomson-East Coast Line’s Katong Park Station and its associated tunnels at the Club’s Main Entrance.
During this time, members who drive to the Club via the Main Entrance are to strictly follow the direction of the LTA traffic wardens, our security personnel and signs on-site. Members can only drop off and pick up passengers at the Main Lobby — absolutely no waiting and parking are allowed.
Katong Park Station is targeted for completion and opening in 2023.
Revised Bye-Law on Recovery of Chits
Bye-Law 52 has been revised. It shall take effect from 16 Dec 2019 (Mon).
Next Management Committee Meeting
19 December 2019 (Thursday)
Venue: MC Boardroom
Temporary Closure of Swimming Lanes
A number of lanes of the Competition Pool will be closed on 2, 3, 4 & 6 Dec 2019 (Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri) from 10am to 11am for the Club’s SwimSafer Programme.
Please refer to the below diagram for the lanes that will be closed:
Update on Private Trustee in Bankruptcy's (PTIB) Application to Court for Sale of Freddie Koh's Private Property
1. We are pleased to inform that on 5 November 2019, the High Court has granted the PTIB’s application for sale of Freddie Koh’s (ex Club President and a bankrupt) private property which he co-owned with his wife though Freddie Koh’s wife had resisted the application.
2. The Court application was necessitated after Freddie Koh’s wife, the co-owner, was unable or refused to buy out Freddie Koh’s interest in the property or sell the property in the open market.
3. Freddie Koh’s share of the sale proceeds will be used to repay the balance judgment debt of $1.83 million due to the Club.
4. Freddie Koh’s wife has one month from 5 November 2019 to appeal to the Court of Appeal.
5. We will keep members informed of any further development.