Temporary Closure of The Palms Ladies’ Restroom
The ladies’ restroom outside The Palms will be undergoing upgrading works to improve the flushing system on 18 Feb 2019 (Mon) from 9am to 6pm.
Members may use the restrooms located near Eve’s Retreat, EdeS Spa and the Grand Ballroom during this period.
Installation of Solar Panels
The Club has leased solar panels for electricity generation from an external contractor, who has started installing them on the Club’s rooftops. The work is expected to be completed by 31 May 2019 (Fri). The contractor has erected scaffolding at ground level for the work. Members and guests are advised to keep clear of the work sites for their safety.
The solar panels will save about 12% on electricity costs or an estimated $84,000 per year. At the end of the 25-year lease, the Club will have full ownership of the panels.
Next Management Committee Meeting
15 February 2019 (Fri)
Venue: MC Boardroom
Club Facility Maintenance Works
The Club will be carrying out the following facility maintenance works from now until mid-May:
1. Re-waterproofing of Main Building’s roof
2. Re-waterproofing and re-tiling works at Level 2, Sports Centre Viewing Gallery
3. Replacement of metal roof at Recreation Pool Pump Room
There may be dust and noise from the works. We ask for our members’ kind understanding.
Jade Phoenix Open Daily During Lunar New Year Period
Jade Phoenix will open daily during the Lunar New Year period from 21 Jan (Mon) to 19 Feb 2019 (Tue).
Members who wish to dine at Jade Phoenix during this period are advised to make reservations by calling 6432 3659 or emailing Jadephoenix@sswimclub.org.sg.
Closure of LacBar and Festive Charge During Lunar New Year Period
LacBar will be closed from 4 Feb (Mon) to 9 Feb 2019 (Sat) during the Lunar New Year period.
There will be a festive surcharge of $10 for each service imposed from now to 3 Feb 2019 (Sun).
Mandatory Registration for Jackpot Re-entry
Jackpot players are reminded to register via signing-in at every single entry to the Jackpot Room (including re-entry on the same day) and signing-out whenever they exit the Room. Members who refuse to comply will be barred from the Room.
The Club is bound by law to maintain an accurate record of all such registration, failing which may result in the suspension or withdrawal of the Club’s permit to operate the Jackpot machines by the Police.
We ask for members’ understanding in the matter.
Resiting of Playroom
1. We refer to the notices of 31 Dec 2018 and 10 Jan 2019 on the above subject.
2. We have considered members’ feedback and following a meeting with some Playroom users on 14 Jan 2019 (Mon), we have decided that the Playroom will remain at its existing location on the second floor of the Main Building.
3. We would like to thank everyone who have provided their feedback on the matter.
Resiting of Playroom
- We refer to the notice of 31 Dec 2018 on the above subject.
- The project to resite the Playroom is temporarily put on hold until further notice.
- The existing Playroom will remain open in the meantime.