AGM 2018 Minutes
Members who would like to read the minutes of Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2018 may sign for a copy at the Main Reception.
Change in Hairven's Operating Hours
The Hairven Salon will be closed at 6.30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with immediate effect.
Servicing of Main Building Lift
The lift at the Club's Main Building will be shut down on 18 Mar 2019 (Mon) from 1pm to 3.30pm for scheduled maintenance works.
Members may use the service lift at the loading bay during this period.
D’Sports Closed on 23 March
D’Sports will be closed for a private event on 23 Mar 2019 (Sat).
Members who are interested in booking the Club’s venues may contact the Club’s Banquet team at 6342 3675/627 or email email@example.com.
Temporary Closure of Competition Pool
The Competition Pool will be closed for maintenance works on the following Thursdays:
7 Mar 2019
14 Mar 2019
Thank you for your attention.
Notice on Judgement
1. We are pleased to inform that on 19 February 2019, the State Court has dismissed in entirety with costs, a non-member, Ms Shirleen Toh’s claim against the Club for defamation and breach of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
2. Ms Shirleen Toh was not signed in as guest. In accordance with Club’s directive on a zero tolerance policy for trespassing, any non-members, including terminated and suspended members and family of members, that are not signed in as guests and unaccompanied by members at the Club, are considered trespassers. All trespassers will be declared persona non grata.
3. Accordingly, Ms Shirleen Toh was declared persona non grata.
4. Dissatisfied with the Club’s declaration, she instituted legal proceedings against the Club.
5. The Court held that the Club succeeded in the defences of Justification and Qualified Privilege. The Court further held that the Club did not breach the PDPA.
Revised Bye-Law on Conduct & Complaints and Jackpot Room
Please refer to this link for the revised Bye-Laws.
Next Management Committee Meeting
20 March 2019 (Wed)
Venue: MC Boardroom
Installation of Solar Panels
The Club has leased solar panels for electricity generation from an external contractor, who has started installing them on the Club’s rooftops. The work is expected to be completed by 31 May 2019 (Fri). The contractor has erected scaffolding at ground level for the work. Members and guests are advised to keep clear of the work sites for their safety.
The solar panels will save about 12% on electricity costs or an estimated $84,000 per year. At the end of the 25-year lease, the Club will have full ownership of the panels.