Finance Review Committee
At this year’s Annual General Meeting, some members had suggested appointing a Finance Review Committee to study the finances of the Club and recommend measures to alleviate the Club’s current financial position.
The Management Committee has now formed the Committee comprising the following members:
Khoo Kee Cheok (Chairman) – A member since 1974, Kee Cheok has 29 years of banking experience and is formerly the General Manager of a Singapore branch of an independent Hong Kong Bank. He is now a non-executive chairman and independent director of a Main Board listed company.
Ng Teck Lea – A member since 1980, Teck Lea has 16 years of banking experience and is formerly the General Manager of a Singapore branch of a Canadian offshore bank and the Managing Director of its merchant arm. He is now the owner of a business in the wholesaling and trading of photographic accessories.
Sim Huat Hoe – A member since 1974, Huat Hoe is formerly the General Manager of a local printing company.
The Committee is tasked with developing a long-term and forward-looking strategy that builds financial sustainability and includes innovative means to generate revenue and cut operating costs where feasible. The Committee’s findings and recommendations will be presented to members for discussion and consideration.
Private Trustee in Bankruptcy’s Application to Court for Sale of Freddie Koh’s Private Property
1. We wish to inform members that the Private Trustee in Bankruptcy ("PTIB") handling the affairs of Freddie Koh (ex Club President and a bankrupt) has applied to Court to seek an order for sale of his private property which he co-owned with his wife.
2. This is for the purpose of the PTIB realising the property for the benefit of Freddie Koh’s creditors of which the Club is one.
3. This came about after his wife, the co-owner was unable or refuse to buy out Freddie Koh’s interest in the property or sell the property in the open market.
4. The Club is optimistic of recovering the balance judgment debt of about $1.85 million owed by Freddie Koh once the Court grants the Order for sale and the property is sold.
5. We shall keep you posted of any further developments.
Sports Facility Closed for Corporate Event Booking in August
Table Tennis Hall Tables 1-5 will be closed for corporate event booking from 6pm-9pm on the following dates:
DATES 15 Aug 2019 (Thu) 22 Aug 2019 (Thu) 29 Aug 2019 (Thu)
Management Committee's walkabouts to hear members' feedback
Since July 2019, the Management Committee has started their twice monthly walkabouts to hear members' feedbacks and suggestions for the Club.
The schedule for August is as follows:
17 August (Sat)
31 August (Sat)
Management Committee members will be around the Cabana area and look forward to receiving constructive suggestions for the betterment of the Club.
Closure of Hairven Salon on August's Public Holidays
Hairven Salon will be closed on the following dates:
National Day: 9 August (Friday)
Hari Raya Haji: 11 August (Sunday)
Sports Facilities/Areas Closed for Corporate Event Booking on 23 November
The following sports facilities/areas will be closed for corporate event booking on 23 Nov 2019 (Sat) from 9am to noon:
Revised Bye-Law on Table Tennis
Bye-Law 37 has been revised. It shall take effect from 14 Aug 2019 (Wed).
Next Management Committee Meeting
27 August 2019 (Tuesday)
Venue: MC Boardroom
Sitting Area Outside Gym Closed on 9-11 August
The sitting area outside the Gym will be reserved for a roadshow by Tan Chong Motors from 9 to 11 August 2019 (Fri to Sun).
Tan Chong Motors will be showcasing Nissan’s second-generation LEAF, an electric vehicle, and Serena e-POWER, a MPV outfitted with a battery-run-e-POWER electric motor system that drives the vehicle. The latter is on display for the first time in Singapore at the Club.